BYCALVIT 200ML SUSPENSION (BOTTLE , 1 )
Sold by : Biochem Pharmaceutical Industrial Ltd (Origin:INDIA)
Inclusive of all taxes :: You Save : .
Calcium carbonate is an inorganic salt used as an antacid. It is a basic compound that acts by neutralizing hydrochloric acid in gastric secretions. Subsequent increases in pH may inhibit the action of pepsin. An increase in bicarbonate ions and prostaglandins may also confer cytoprotective effects. Calcium carbonate may also be used as a nutritional supplement or to treat hypocalcemia.
Calcium carbonate 625 mg ( from an organic source (Oyster shell ) Equivalent to Elemental Calcium-250 mg +Vitamin D3 125 IU
For relief of heartburn and acid indigestion. May also be used as a nutritional supplement or to treat hypocalcemia.
Gastric-peptic disease occurs as a result of an imbalance between protective factors, such as mucus, bicarbonate, and prostaglandin secretion, and aggressive factors, such as hydrochloric acid, pepsin, and Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Antacids work by restoring acid-base balance, attenuating the pepsin activity and increasing bicarbonate and prostaglandin secretion. The acid-neutralizing capacity of calcium carbonate is 58 mEq/15 ml. When used as a nutritional supplement, calcium carbonate acts by directly increasing calcium stores within the body.
Maximal absorption occurs at doses of 500 mg or less taken with food. Oral bioavailability depends on intestinal pH, the presence of food and dosage.
Calcium is rapidly distributed taken up by skeletal tissues following absorption and distribution into extracellular fluids. Bone contains 99% of the body’s calcium and the remaining 1% is approximately equally distributed between intracellular and extracellular fluids.
Excreted mainly in the feces. The majority of renally filtered calcium is reabsorbed in the ascending limb of the loop of Henle and the proximal and distal convoluted tubules. Also secreted by sweat glands.